Monday, March 25, 2013

Pinwheel Penny Spinner Card

Check out this whimsical card we made at
the March Stamp Club meeting.
 
This was the first spinner card I have ever made
and it was loads of fun!  Probably not the
best candidate for mailing this guy, but
a great card to hand-deliver.



 
The patterned paper is the Patio Party Designer Series Paper, with
Summer Starfruit stitched ribbon and Midnight Muse card stock.
The Happy Birthday sentiment is from the Sassy Salutations stamp set.
 
 
 
Here are the instructions for making a penny spinner card:

1) Use Word Window punch or hobby blade to cut a 3/8" slot (straight, zigzag, or curved) into your card stock. Stamp card stock as desired.



2) Sandwich a Stampin' Dimensional between two pennies.



3) Insert pennies into slot, carefully pulling at edges to avoid tearing card stock.



4) Stamp (optional) and cut out your spinner image. (I used the pinwheel die from the Spring Catalog.)  Adhere to penny using a glue dot.

5) Adhere slotted card stock piece with spinner to your card using Stampin' Dimensionals.  I stacked two Dimensionals on top of each other to raise the slotted card stock enough to give the spinner more room.  I adhered the Dimensionals along the top and bottom of the slotted card stock in 8 places, using 16 total Dimensionals.


I hope you have fun with this one.  There are so many possibilities to this ...
butterflies, flowers, basketballs, etc.  I'd love to hear your ideas!

4 comments:

  1. oh my gosh - great minds think alike! I just did this with my stamping club last week. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and fun! Perfect for a birthday girl/boy! TFS!

    ReplyDelete