Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Easy and Elegant Sympathy Card

Happy Election Day!!  That's not why I am making a sympathy card,
but it's kinda ironic, huh?
 
This, to me, is an all-purpose sympathy card.  It could fit
all sorts of needs.  I sent this in the box of care package items
for the East Coast friends in need.
 
 
I did a masking technique for the tree background. 
 
First, take a Whisper White piece of cardstock cut to the size you want for the front of your card.  Then take some of the long sticky notes, rip them longways, and position them to make a "frame" on the outside edges of the white cardstock so just the inside of the white cardstock is showing through. 
 
I then sponged Crumb Cake ink along the inside, making the outer edges darker and getting lighter as I got towards the center of the white cardstock.  Remove the sticky notes, and you have a white frame.  Then I stamped the tree from the Thoughts & Prayers stamp set in Early Espresso ink.  The sentiment is also from the same stamp set and also stamped with Early Espresso ink.
 
Simple and elegant!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment